The UCLA BruinCard
The BruinCard is UCLA's official identification card used to confirm your student status. The first BruinCard is issued without charge to new students during their first academic term at UCLA. (Replacement fees for a lost/stolen and damaged card are $23.50 and $7.50, respectively.)
The BruinCard serves the following functions
- Student identification card
- Residence hall, library, and recreation access card
- Debit card for purchases at bookstores; restaurants; vending machines; copying, printing, and laundry facilities, on and off campus
- Student ticket discount card
- BruinGO! access card allowing you to ride at a reduced rate on the Santa Monica Big Blue Bus and Culver CityBus transit systems.
To get your BruinCard
- Visit the Online Card Office and click on Apply for Card on the left menu. You must have a UCLA logon ID and password to access the online application.
- Your online application must be received by July 1, 2013, in order to ensure timely processing, and must meet the predetermined criteria.
Photo requirements: We only accept photos with a white background (i.e. passport photo) and high resolution. We do not accept photos with hats, sunglasses, bandanas, colored backgrounds, and profiled pictures. Please view this page for samples of acceptable and non-acceptable photos.
- If you apply for the card on time and the photo submitted is approved, you will be able to pick up your Card at New Student Orientation. You will be asked to present a government-issued photo ID (ex: Driver’s License, Passport, Military ID, etc.) for verification. BruinCards will not be mailed and must be picked up in person by the cardholder.
- If you are not attending orientation, obtain your card in-person at the BruinCard Center at 123 Kerckhoff Hall.
Online Card Office
Access the Online Card Office to make deposits, check account balances, or to suspend a lost/stolen card. If you have questions, please click on Ask BruinCard at www.bruincard.ucla.edu for assistance.