The UCLA BruinCard
The BruinCard is UCLA's official identification card used to confirm your student status. The first BruinCard is issued without charge to new students during their first academic term at UCLA. (Replacement fees for a lost/stolen and damaged card are $23.50 and $7.50, respectively.)
The BruinCard serves the following functions
- Official university ID used to gain admission to campus events and verify identification for health care at the Ashe center and school examinations
- Residence hall, library, and recreation access card
- Meal card for meal swipes at any of the residential restaurants in On Campus housing
- Pre-paid debit feature can be used for purchases at bookstores; restaurants; dining halls; vending machines; copying, printing, and laundry facilities
- Student ticket discount card
- BruinGO! access card allowing you to ride at a reduced rate on the Santa Monica Big Blue Bus and Culver CityBus transit systems.
To get your BruinCard
- Visit the Online Card Office and click on Apply for Card on the left menu. You must have a UCLA logon ID to access the online application.
- Your online application must be received two weeks prior to your Orientation start date, in order to ensure timely processing, and must meet the predetermined criteria.
Photo requirements: We only accept photos with a white background (i.e. passport photo) and high resolution. We do not accept photos with hats, sunglasses, bandanas, colored backgrounds, and profiled pictures. View this page for samples of acceptable and unacceptable photos.
- If you apply for the card on time and the photo submitted is approved, you will be able to pick up your Card at New Student Orientation. You will be asked to present a government-issued photo ID (e.g., U.S. Driver’s License, Passport, U.S. Military ID, etc.) for verification. BruinCards will not be mailed and must be picked up in person by the cardholder.
- If you are not attending orientation, pick up your card in-person at the BruinCard Center at 123 Kerckhoff Hall.