Human Biology and Society (B.A.)*
See life sciences majors section for requirements for the B.S. degree in this subject.
To be considered for this major, a minimum of five preparatory courses must be completed by the spring before transfer.
- one course in human evolution
- one year of biology with lab for the major (evolution, cellular)
- one course in statistics 
- one semester of general chemistry
one course from:
- philosophy (contemporary moral issues, political philosophy)
- philosophy of science, or ethical theory)
- introduction to women’s studies
- one course from:
- sociocultural anthropology
- cultural geography
- introduction to sociology
* Students are classified as Pre-Human Biology and Society until they complete the preparation courses at UCLA.
back to L&S major preparation listing