Linguistics and Asian Languages and Cultures
Linguistics and French*
Linguistics and Italian
Linguistics and Scandinavian Languages
Linguistics and Spanish*
- two years of the selected language
Note: Applicants must complete a minimum of one year (two semesters/three quarters) of college-level courses in one of the selected language to be considered for admission. Completion of intermediate/advanced courses is strongly preferred. Completion of at least one year of high school in which the primary language of instruction was the selected language may be substituted for lower division language preparation.
- one year of a second language
- one course in introduction to linguistics
- related courses in civilization, culture, history, and closely related languages
* For French and Linguistics (in the French and Francophone Studies Department) or Spanish and Linguistics (in the Spanish and Portuguese Department ) see language majors.
more information about these majors:
back to L&S major preparation listing